With a propane standby generator, your family can spend the next power outage playing games, reading, and relaxing while the neighbors search for candles and flashlights. Give your family greater comfort, security, and safety with a propane standby generator.
The Cost of Being Unprepared
The average power outage costs homeowners $1,250 in spoiled food, eating at restaurants, damage to electronics and homes, lost wages from home businesses, and hotel or temporary relocation costs.
SO, WHAT MAKES PROPANE THE BEST CHOICE FOR STANDBY POWER?
A standby generator powered by propane offers advantages that other fuel sources simply can’t match:
- Permanently installed and supplied by an above- or belowground tank, it starts automatically, the moment the power goes down.
- Supplies supplemental electricity in as little as 10 seconds after an outage.
- Propane doesn’t degrade over time, unlike diesel or gasoline, making it an ideal standby power fuel.
- Most units produce as little as 60 decibels of noise, comparable to a normal conversation.
- Available in a variety of capacities to fit the needs of any size home.
- Produces significantly fewer greenhouse gas emissions than diesel or gasoline.
- Propane is non-toxic, non-poisonous, and won’t contaminate soil or water.
- Can handle an entire home’s energy needs for days, unlike solar- or wind-powered systems.
The same propane that will power a home’s generator can also power the other major appliances that make life less stressful during a power outage.